[mythtv-users] Using mythfrontend for avi files to dvd... (everything ends up as low resolution)

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Oct 21 03:33:36 UTC 2006

stuart wrote:
 > Hi...
 >
 > Was wondering if very many people have tried to go from avi to dvd using
 > the new mythfrontend?  Everything I have tried ends up in low
 > resolution.  No matter which mythfrontend setting I pick (i.e. LP, SP,
 > HQ).  I realize this is more to do w/the parameters used in the scripts
 > - but 'am posting this in case there's a simple solution at the
 > mythfrontend level.
 >
 >                 ...thanks

FYI...

The solution has already been discussed.  The problem is that ffmpeg's
argument for the "-b" switch has been changed.  For example, if the old
command line looked like "ffmpeg -b 4557"  the new line should be
"ffmpeg -b 4557k".  I am running FC5 and recently (today 20061020)
updated (using yum).

Here's the 8 day old thread: