[mythtv-users] Sound

Sergio J Ruiz ruizsj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 21 03:28:58 UTC 2006

Hi folks,
  I have a problem I don't know how to solve. I have a Hauppage 150, and
the sound is just terrible. I'm connecting the Dish Network box to the
Composite Input and the sound to the sound input in the Hauppauge 150
card, but the sound is extremely noisy.

  I have disabled the KDE  sound server, following the instruction from
www.wilsonet.com, and I have installed the lastest ALSA drivers.

  I though that maybe it was a problem with the playback, but when I
make a recording, and transfer it to a DVD, the noise is there, and is
really horrible, believe me.

  Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Sergio