[mythtv-users] Considering HDHomeRun, is this a bad time to buy an HD-5500?

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Oct 20 20:19:25 UTC 2006

Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I've finally gotten up the nerve to go HD, but am wondering if the
> HD-5500 is still the best way to go.  (in the US)

One large advantage that the hdhomerun has over the 5500 is that the
HDHR does not increase your processor load and will not hiccup when the
system gets heavily loaded. Of course if your network becomes overloaded
the HDHR will start to act up. (You might want to put it on a dedicated
ethernet card)