[mythtv-users] 4DTV Channel Script

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:34:28 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06, tbaca at heritagewifi.com <tbaca at heritagewifi.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a channel changing script for a 4DTV C-Band receiver?

Are you serious?  Do you have a 4DTV receiver?

I have a 4DTV Model 920.  There is no way to ever be sure that the
dish has moved, come to a stop, and is ready to accept the channel
number.

I record a lot of programs from the 4DTV, and it's a pain sometimes
because the Model 920 has only five(5) timers.  The Model 922 has
twenty-five(25) timers, which would easily handle all the programs I
record from the 4DTV.

What I do is set two "timers", one in the 4DTV and one in MythTV that
have the same start and end times.  The 4DTV moves the dish, tunes the
channel, and MythTV records the program.

You may know something that I don't know about the 4DTV, but I see no
way to ever get MythTV to ensure that the dish is pointed and the
tuner tuned so that it can record.  What am I missing?

--
MM