[mythtv-users] Transferring database & recordings from one box to another

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:49:17 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Azmat <azmat.hussain at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I wasn't more specific.  Yes, I'm planning on taking them from
> an existing LVM partition in the old machine to an LVM partition in
> the new machine.  I was thinking that if I backed up the mysql
> database on the old machine, copy it to the new machine, and then
> restore the database, then I might be able to simply hook up the
> drives to the new machine and I should be good to go.  I was just
> worried that I might be making a lot of assumptions and wanted to
> cover my bases.

That's basically all I did when I changed servers.
I just copied the recordings and the mysql DB (I didn't do a restore, I just
overwrote the mysql files with the ones from the old machine).  Then I
started up mysql and mythbackend and everything worked.
Also this was an upgrade from .18.1 to .20.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.