[mythtv-users] Getting a Motorola 6200 Box from Chicago Comcast

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 02:49:46 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Carl Fongheiser <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> It also should have a stereo mini-jack for the audio.  You should have
> gotten  the appropriate adapter in the box, but if not, you can pick up a
> cheap adapter or cable from Radio Shack or other electronics store.  It's
> the same sort of thing that people use to connect iPods to their stereos, so
> you'll find these in the personal audio department, if not elsewhere.

D'oh, I didn't even think about that!  I've got several of those
cables already on hand.

Looks like I ought to be able to use this box with Myth afterall, I'll
just have to deploy an IR blaster.  I think I'll make one more attempt
at getting a Mortorola from Comast, and if that fails, go with the IR
blaster.

Now that I understand what's going on, the only real advantage of the
Motorola is that I can use firewire for *both* signal AND channel
changing, right?  In other words, the Motorola greatly simplifies the
configuration.

Thank you, everyone, for all your help!
Matt

p.s. I just bought the Antec NSK2400 case for my Myth box---man this
thing is soooo nice!
MG