[mythtv-users] Transferring database & recordings from one box to another

Azmat azmat.hussain at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 22:25:55 UTC 2006

Sorry I wasn't more specific.  Yes, I'm planning on taking them from
an existing LVM partition in the old machine to an LVM partition in
the new machine.  I was thinking that if I backed up the mysql
database on the old machine, copy it to the new machine, and then
restore the database, then I might be able to simply hook up the
drives to the new machine and I should be good to go.  I was just
worried that I might be making a lot of assumptions and wanted to
cover my bases.