[mythtv-users] configuring HDHomerun channels

Jim Westfall jwestfall at surrealistic.net
Thu Oct 19 01:04:28 UTC 2006

Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote [10.18.06]:
> On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 11:45 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
> > Try doing an "svn up" and recompiling + reinstalling. I committed a fix
> > for the "OpenCable" problem this morning.
>
> Partial success. First: YESSS! After 8 months of trying, I finally got
> an HD channel displaying through Myth! The playback looked great!
>
> But now, after playing around with the system a bit, I can't get any of
> he HDHomerun channels to display any more. If I go into Watch TV and
> browse for a channel, I get a blue screen with "Error displaying video".
> I clearly still have some work to do. I'll try rescanning for channels
> in case I messed something up. I'll search the archives and the Wiki to
> see if there are any instructions on exactly how to use the Channel
> Editor; I need to match up 91#1 (KUSADT) with 653 (the Comcast channel
> number and what zap2it uses for that channel), but I haven't figured out
> how to do this yet.

When I did a scan for comcast here in seattle on the hdhr only about 1/3
of the channels mythtv-setup detected worked.  The 2/3's that didnt work
were either audio only, opencable (need to svn up), or didnt have any
audio/video output from the hdhr.  I ended up going through one by one
testing.

There is a channel editor in livetv, press 'e', change the callsign, then
press ctrl-p and mythtv should fill in the rest.

jim