[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 voo doo

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Oct 18 21:42:56 UTC 2006

R. G. Newbury wrote:

> Most importantly, the analog capture done by an HD3000 is done without
> any compression or other hardware assistance so your backend has to
> handle the encode to disk. This is in complete distinction to the
> hardware assist which you get with the PVR cards.
> One of the reasons I have never bothered to even try to use analpg c
> capture from my HD3000.

Yeah, I figured that out....  But I figure I can set it up as a
secondary analog tuner.

I've also found that the PVR150 has a far better analog tuner than the
HD3000 - the PVR150 pulls in about 20 channels OTR and the HD3000 only
about 5.  But it does pull in analog PBS, so I can record my kids' shows
as well as the news, which is the whole point of the exercise.  :-)

--Yan