[mythtv-users] mythtv has one more chance with me (ubuntu edgy eft)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Oct 18 16:31:51 UTC 2006

On Oct 18, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Tom Lichti wrote:

> I haven't tried MythDora, but if it's anything like KnoppMyth, it's
> about as painless as possible to install MythTV.

After weeks of playing around trying to get Myth to work with Gentoo
I had a MythDora system up in about 30 minutes, I understand
KnoppMyth is similar in terms of ease of use.

This assumes that you are using well-supported hardware, like PVR
capture cards and nVidia video cards, as well as LIRC-supported
remotes. Both the MythDora and the KnoppMyth sites have guidance as
to what hardware will give you the best results.

As always, off-beat hardware will lead to more troubles and fewer
folks who can help you with them.