[mythtv-users] configuring HDHomerun channels

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Oct 18 16:02:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 11:45 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 09:37 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> > If I try to Watch TV, I get the
> > OSD display saying that it can only get a partial lock (despite 98%
> > signal strength), and I never get a picture.
>
> These channels are probably missing some important attribute, like
> the serviceid. Use the internal scanner to add your channels.

If by "internal scanner", you mean the channel scan within mythtv-setup,
that *is* how I added my channels. If that's not what you meant, what is
the "internal scanner"?

In case it matters, I did have some analog channels in there already, as
I have a working PVR-500 card in the system. So the channels database
was not completely blank when I ran the channel scan.

> Can you tune the channels that mythtv-setup inserted?

An experiment I have to try when I get home tonight is to change the
starting channel to some other one. The starting channel was also set as
a result of the channel scan, and I can't change the channel (as I
described), so I can't tune any other channels at this point.

> Try doing an "svn up" and recompiling + reinstalling. I committed a fix
> for the "OpenCable" problem this morning.

I will do this also when I get home this evening.

--Greg