[mythtv-users] Stutter & LiveTV XvMC

Nigel Jewell nigel.jewell at pixexcel.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 12:19:43 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I appreciate that there have probably been hundreds of messages regarding
XvMC on this mailing list, however I have yet to find a solution to my
stutter problem.

I have the hardware and the software configuration listed below and I am
finding that on certain DVB LiveTV streams I get a lot of audio/video
stutter.    I have tried all of the recommendations listed in the Wiki
(NVAGP, NVidia Settings, OpenGL VSync off etc) and I am seeing no
improvement.  Ideas?  If I turn XvMC off it is fine.

I wonder whether the video stream is not the same resolution as the
desktop and as a result it is causing this issue.  If so, how can it be
solved given that some of the streams are fine?

Software/Config:

Linux Kernel 2.6.15
MythTV 0.20 Fixes
Pie Box Enterprise Linux 4 AS (with DAG packages)
xorg with KDE @ 720x576 (24 bit)
Bob De-Interlacing

Hardware:

Sempron 2600 CPU