[mythtv-users] 6600 vs 7300GS

Jonas Anden jonas at anden.nu
Wed Oct 18 08:25:34 UTC 2006

If you're i no hurry, get back to me after next weekend or so; I
currently have a quite noisy 7300GS (512MB) in my system and I've
ordered a fanless 6600 that should be delivered sometime next week. The
box is not intended for anything other than Myth.

I ordered the 6600 because I expect the new ASUS 'reverse cool' fanless
6600 PCIe card (this one with 512MB too) to stay cool even without the
CPU fan; the GPU is on the back of the card -- thereby taking advantage
of the air flow created by the CPU and system fans (and all that open
space around the CPU). This is much better than the tiny space crammed
in between two PCI slots that a card usually has to work with.

  // J