[mythtv-users] Viewing Tuner Status causes disconnect from backend

P Milazzo pgm0203 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 17 22:52:56 UTC 2006

> When I go to Tuner Status under System Status, the frontend pops up a
> message sying that MythBackend does not appear to be running and that I
> should make sure that it is.  Its not causing me any grief, but if its
> indicative of something that concerns someone and they want me to look
> at some log, let me know.
>
> Joe White
I see this behavior whenever a tuner is not correctly initialized. For
example, one of my tuners (#4) is a Firewire connection to a Motorola
6420. If the Firewire cable is unplugged when mythbackend is started,
viewing the "Tuner Status" page will cause mythbackend to exit with an
"Unknown encoder" error. See the attached "mythbackend -v most" log for
an example.

    - Paul Milazzo