[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 voo doo

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Oct 17 21:48:41 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>>> I am told the HD-3000 cards will not handle both NTSC and ATSC - this is
>>> an either/or situation.  In looking at .20 screens, there is the GUI
>>> option to use the card "on demand."
>>>
> The HD-3000 will handle 8-VSB, QAM-64, QAM-256 and NTSC. It can
> only tune to one frequency at a time though, and MythTV is limited
> to one channel at a time per card. To configure it for both digital
> and analog, configure it as a DVB card and then click on the "Analog
> Options" button in the card config (this button only shows up for cards
> like the pcHDTV cards, which have an analog and digital side to them).
>

>> The HD3000 will do ATSC  *or*  NTSC but not both at the same time. This
>> requires unloading and loading of the modules. I have not tried this,
>>
> Nope, just load all the cx88 drivers. Recent cx88 drivers have
> some problems with digital->analog switch, apparently a new
> "feature" which can be disabled via some module param*, but
> MythTV retunes as soon as it detects the driver screw up..

Really... So that is some powerfull voodoo.  :-)

So I can use the HD3000 as both analog and digital.  That is very cool!

I guess what I can do is set up the hd3000 to be the secondary analog
receiver, after the PVR150. I take it, though, that the analog side is a
BT878-type non-hardware video capture.

OK, more ideas to play with...

:-)

--Yan