[mythtv-users] OT: Instead of an nvidia card for TVOut?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Oct 17 19:49:11 UTC 2006

Mache Creeger wrote:
> I use something like it since my FX5500 Svideo out gave me poor video
> and tearing (blockiness on fast pans).  I get great video directly off
> of VGA at 1024x768 @ 60 Hz.  All it cares about is that you have
> 1024x768 @60Hz so if you can play any video on the monitor (HD or SD) it
> will show it on the TV.
>
> -- Mache

I have the Grandtec Ultimate 2000 and Grandtec Ultimate XP Pro, they
both seem to work fine, the XP Pro is nice because it has a remote. They
both work the same, so I assume the 1000 would be as well. The XP Pro
has component out, which is why I got it. If you get the modeline right
you will have a rock solid picture. I run at 800x600, but I should
probably bump that up. The nice thing is mine has a VGA splitter so I
can send the Component Out to my TV and the straight VGA to my projector
at the same time, so I don't need to do anything to switch between the
two except pull down the screen and turn on the projector.

Tom