[mythtv-users] Eject option on Optical menu

JP Bussoli jbussoli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:59:16 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Leighton Brough <brough at baremetalsoft.com> wrote:

> I can see from the logs that the Eject option on the DVD menu performs a
> umount command. This does unmount the disk and makes it possible for me
> to manually eject it, but it doesn't actually automatically eject. What
> do I need to do to make this work?
>
> The relevant lines from /etc/fstab look like this:
>
> /dev/cdrom             /mnt/cd   iso9660
> user,noauto,unhide      0      0
> /dev/dvd               /mnt/dvd  udf
> user,noauto,unhide      0      0
>
> I've got the monitor CD/DVD setting checked, as this is the only way I
> can see to get MythGallery to view a DVD or CD containing images or
> video files. This is something else I'd like to know more about: is it
> possible to get the gallery into this mode from the main menu, or does
> it only happen in response to inserting a disk (or on detection of a
> disk at startup of the frontend)?
>
> Thanks,
> Leighton

I had a similar problem and I was able to resolve it by adding my "mythtv"
user to the sudoers list and allowing the mythtv user to use the command
eject. I also made an eject script so that I could easily map it to my
remote using irexec. The following is the line that I use in my /etc/sudoers
file to allow access to eject.

mythtv,%mythtv  ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/eject,/sbin/mount /cdrom,/sbin/umount
/cdrom

And the eject script that I use is super simple
eject.sh:

#!/bin/sh
sudo /usr/bin/eject /dev/dvd-sr0

I do not call my optical drives out in my fstab either. I hope that this
helps.

JP