[mythtv-users] NTP drift...

John Brooks iresprite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 03:43:19 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Romain Kang <romain at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I agree with David Brodbeck's assessment about your torrent traffic.
> It sounds like your hardware is fine.  It's just that you can't
> trust NTP under those circumstances.

Indeed. I limited the upload and suddenly ntpq -p looked a whole lot
friendlier; furthermore, ntpd seems to be syncing up the clock reliably now.
Thanks, David! And thanks to everyone else! It's a relief to see times that
are relatively correct.

However, to answer the hypothetical case, it's sometimes possible
> to make some OS adjustments to get around various hardware tics.

Good to know. it's not an issue at the moment, but I'm glad there are
alternatives and workarounds. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Thanks again!

Jack.