[mythtv-users] Problem with debian mythweb

Mark Hetherington mark at hethos.org
Mon Oct 16 21:48:07 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 03:25, Mark Paulus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> not sure where to ask this, since I'm not sure where the problem lies.
>
> I just upgraded from the mythtv-0.19/mythplugins-0.19 debian packages to
> the 0.20 packages hosted on debian-multimedia.org.
>
> Now, when I try to access mythweb, I am getting a permissions problem
> somewhere, but the message is pretty cryptic:
>
> "ERROR
> data directory is not writable by www-data.  Please check permissions."
>
> My problem is, which data directory?  And what broke it?

The data directory is referenced in the config.php inside
the /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes directory.

My mythweb data folder is /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data. On my system Apache2
runs as the user "www-data", so the folder needs to be writable by this user.
I just did "chown www-data.www-data /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data". I
symlinked the music and videos directories to the appropriate locations as
well.

Mark