[mythtv-users] Blue lines along left and top of screen

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Oct 16 17:37:16 UTC 2006

At 11:06 AM -0400 10/16/06, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>I found that index 0 doesn't work well for the FX 5200. I use:
>>
>>   xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 2
>>
>>There's also an xorg.conf option in the Screen section that may affect this:
>>
>>   Option         "TransparentIndex" "2"
>>
>>(I have not verified this latter method.)
>>

>Really, using some number that's close to, but /not/ equal to, zero
>is much better for /any/ video card, anyway.  (In this context, the
>range is 0-65535, so decide what close to means to you, but 1, 2,
>10, 30, ... would all be fine.)  Unfortunately, though, people
>always say to use 0 for some reason...

I should mention that the way to tell if you've chosen a "bad" number
is to play around in X while there is some video also being
displayed. (i.e.: start playback, Alt-Tab to another app and then try
to use it.) If the video bleeds through into parts of the app's
windows or the mouse pointer, then you know you have the wrong
number. It's actually kind of a neat effect, though!