[mythtv-users] DVDs have surround sound only

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Mon Oct 16 05:29:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting the dvd feature of mythtv to work.  I have
a SBLive platinum and a creative encore 6x (i'm not using the dxr3
decoder card because i have ran out of pci slots).   The problem I am
having is on dvd's it seems that only the surround sound track is
playing.  I can hear the background music just fine and I can even
sometimes hear faint voices.  This happens in both xine and mplayer
executed both in and not in mythtv.  MP3s play just fine on my setup.  I
am guessing the problem has to be a mixer issue and I just need to
change some flag somewhere but I don't know where.  Does anyone know
what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Justin