[mythtv-users] Frontend freezes upon exiting live-TV Program guide...

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Sun Oct 15 15:39:59 UTC 2006

Am Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:30:05 +0200 (CEST)
schrieb "F Peeters (MythTV)" <francesco at fampeeters.com>:

> When I call up the program guide from live tv and then go to a
> different channel and press enter (or OK on my remote) the entire
> system freezes, requiring a hard reset...
>
> dmesg, messages and mythbackend.log do not have anything useful.
>
> I will try running the FE in logging mode to see if that gives any
> useful info, but if anybody has seen (and solved?) this behavior, I'd
> love to hear!
>
> Thanks

Hi Francesco,

I did have a similar behaviour (see archives), and a couple of days ago
another user reported it also; in my case, my frontend crashed when
either entering or leaving epg from live tv, with the new screen
content partially drawn.

This did happen to me in 100% of the cases after updating to 0.20 (and,
while at it, updating a fair number of ubuntu packages, so I do not want
to blame it on 0.20).

It happens to me now occasionally, after removing all ubuntu nvidia
packages and installing the nvidia installer.

From what I read, ubuntu always plays a role when this occurs, and
Superm's ubuntu 0.20 packages.

Seems to be a minority problem, though.

HTH