[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu (E6400 Core 2 Duo)

Richard Dale richard at interlink.com.au
Sun Oct 15 01:44:59 UTC 2006

Output from:

./configure --enable-proc-opt --enable-xvmc --enable-dvb

On SVN 11530

I believe the Core 2 Duo is based upon the Pentium M (note: not the Pentium
4 M), which is itself based upon then Pentium 3.  I noticed that there's
already code within configure for the Core 2 Duo, but it appears to have
bypassed it/not detected it correctly.

Your CPU was not detected properly:

   uname -m: i686

   uname -p: i686

 model name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz

      flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat p

se36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc pni
moni

tor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm