[mythtv-users] SVN Upgrade HOWTO

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 17:18:04 UTC 2006

On 14/10/06, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/14/06, Dylan Semler <dylan.semler at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Upgrading should work by downloading and compiling the SVN as you did
> > for the install.  All database schema upgrades have been taken care of
> > automatically for me whenever I've done this.  See
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core.
> >  The author seems to do automated nightly upgrades without problems.
>
> Thanks for the reply, you have begun to build my confidence to try an
> SVN upgrade.  The key phrase is, "...taken care of automatically for
> me whenever I've done this."!

You should run mythtv-setup after upgrading - this will take care of
the schema updates automatically. If you run from a console, you will
see the schema updates go through as mythtv-setup starts.

Remember that this is how anyone upgrading an existing MythTV install
(either from source or binaries) gets their schema updates.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/
MythTV users list archive: