[mythtv-users] SVN Upgrade HOWTO

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 15:28:16 UTC 2006

What are the steps You use to upgrade MythTV from one SVN revision to another?

I've looked through the Documentation and Archives (Dev and Users)
finding only references to an as-yet-unwritten HOWTO.  The main
problem (as I see it) is that the mythconverg database schema will
have changed between upgrades.  Also while looking, I see some
comments that the schema upgrade is automatic, yet other comments tell
about segfaults, hangs, etc.

I'm asking about the simplest configuration, backend and frontend on
the same system.  No complications with multiple mythconverg databases
on multiple systems.  I haven't faced the upgrade question before
because I have always started from scratch - install Fedora Core, get
the latest SVN per "5.4 Manually building MythTV", etc.

So, is there a set of steps you personally have used successfully to
upgrade from one SVN revision to another?  If you know how to do this,
please post your steps or point me to a HOWTO.  Thanks.

--
MM