[mythtv-users] Mytharchive video/audio out of sync

Ryan Volz thrantastic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 04:20:45 UTC 2006

Andrew Chuah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that in my recordings, some are being recognized as fps
> 29.92 and some at fps 29.97 (which I think is the correct one for
> NTSC). Anyway, I did some experimentation and the ones that are
> recognized as 29.97 all come out ok. It's only the ones that are run
> at 29.92 have audio sync problems...
>
> -andrew

Hi,

I've having sync issues as well, and I can confirm that my .nuv files are
being identified incorrectly as 29.92 fps.  I have used mytharchive to export
mpeg2 files in the past and have had no sync issues with those, so the
problem seems localized to the transcoded nuv files.

The sync problem only seems to crop up after the file is demuxed and then
muxed back together.  The intermediate mpeg that gets created before the
demuxing has good sync, but anything done after that results in poor sync.

Hopefully this helps shed some more light on the subject, but if it doesn't
I'd be happy to do more testing.

- Ryan