[mythtv-users] stutter after channel change until pause/skip

Johnny K jkara00 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 00:43:35 UTC 2006

>When I first start watching live TV, there is some "stuttering" in the
>video. It appears to coincide with some pre-buffering pauses in the
>frontend log. When I press pause or skip forward or back, the problem
>is fixed. However, whenever I change channels, it happens again. I can
>always fix it by pausing or skipping. Any suggestions?

>I am using 0.20-fixes, ivtv 0.6.4, kernel 2.6.16, and FX 6200 with the
>8774 driver.

the past week i have started experiencing the exact same problem out of the
blue...i have the same setup as you (ie 0.20, 2.6.16, geforce 6200 card,
8774 driver...but i have a dvb-t card...ie i dont use ivtv)....are the devs
aware of this? this really is a show stopper for me

the weird thing is i don't think i made any updates (using gentoo) the past
week