[mythtv-users] AverMedia A180 loading saa7134, need saa7134-dvb...

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 23:39:12 UTC 2006

> have you tried tuning to channels you scanned with the HD5500? The
> frequencies won't change.
> If that doesn't work, perhaps it's a conflict with the HD5500? I have
> my two A180's with my HD3000 and they work fine, but the 5500 uses
> different drivers. Try taking the HD5500 out of the machine to see if
> it gets the A180 working. Though it looks like it should be working
> and could just be a bad tuner on the card.
>
> --
> Steve

I have tried tuning the channels scanned with the 5500, the resulting
output is the same, but more compact:
>>> tune to: 629028615:8VSB
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb

over and over.  Doing an:
azap -r KUED

And then trying to watch /dev/dvb/fronten0/dvr0 I get nothing on the
A180, but on the HD5500 I get whatever is playing on that channel.

I've unloaded all other modules and removed the 2 other cards (the
PVR500 and the HD5500) and still get nothing.

I would think it's a bad tuner as well, but it just seems unlikely
that both cards (I had another one that I RMA'd) would be faulty.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the responses so far!

-Chad