[mythtv-users] how to get recordings 'watched' flag in mythweb?

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:53:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:56:31,  "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

>On 10/12/06 16:13, mikepolniak wrote:
>
> >On 12:57 Thu 12 Oct     , mikepolniak wrote:
> >

> >>I am running 0.20-fixes from Oct 9 (svn #11495) and it has the
> >>mysql 'recorded' table with the new 'watched' flag.
> >>
> >>To test this i set the flag on for a recording, but neither mythweb
> >>or Watch Recodings show this recording with "has been watched".
> >>
> >I just realized i need svn from trunk and installed it and now "has been
> >watched"  is in Watch Recordings and mythweb.
> >

>And if you had the watched column before upgrading to SVN trunk, it
>means you were running/had run at least one piece of MythTV
>(mythtv-setup, mythfrontend, mythbackend) from trunk on your -fixes
>system.  You do /not/ want to do that--after all, think of all the data
>corruption that could happen due to the older version not knowing about
>some of the columns/tables/whatever.  :)

The watched column was added in dbver 1159(?) which is part of 20-fixes
branch.  So having that column in your database does not necessarily
indicate any corruption related to mixing SVN trunk.  I have it in mine and
I never used SVN trunk.

The code to make use of 'watched' in not in the fixes branch though.  And if
you do want that functionality you would need to upgrade to trunk... and
then you'll need to be careful with your database.