[mythtv-users] FE cannot talk to remote mysql

Adam Egger mythtv2006 at bdam.de
Fri Oct 13 12:04:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm just in process of setting up a new frontend (based on knoppmyth).
I already allowed the remote ip to communicate to mysql on the
backend.
But all I see when I start up the remote mythfrontend is:

"Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'noname'  (using password: YES)"

I've *never* seen something else than an IP in this error message
(i.e. mythtv at 192.168.1.1). Why does it display this garbage? I just
don't want to open my mysql for all incoming calls.

Details:
Using dhcp with eth0
/etc/hostname = mythtv
First line in /etc/hosts = 127.0.0.1 localhost mythtv

Any idea?
Thanks,
Adam