[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20 and Ubuntu

Adam Egger mythtv2006 at bdam.de
Fri Oct 13 11:30:58 UTC 2006

On 10/7/06, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:

> I helped the MOTU team in getting this in for edgy.  At this point the
> version up there was a merge from debian-multimedia with gnome screensaver
> patch that I wrote added on.

Oh cool, does this patch disable the screensaver while the frontend is
running? That's really bugging me on dapper. I had to set the
screensaver to 60 minutes and to touch the mouse once in an hour :(

> This version is not compatible with several
> other distros current version however, because its not including 0.20-fixes
> patches added on.  I have 2 bugs open on LP to get the patches from
> 0.20-fixes added, but I can't say whether or not that will actually happen.

That's a pity. Does it mean myth in edgy will stay at 0.20 and so
incompatible with all other distros because only security patches are
allowed after a release??