[mythtv-users] Any use of imdb data? I found a java tool to import into mysql.

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 05:03:08 UTC 2006

> That's a great idea. Maybe it should be added to mythfilldatabase to
> retrieve movie information from imdb after grabbing the listings from
> data direct - only for movies flagged to record, of course. No sense
> in slamming imdb for a bunch of data we're not going to use.

Hmmmm, adding to mythfilldatabase. Well it could be done in following way:

mythfilldatabase looks in some config file to see which source to use
and then loads corresponding .so (as DLL, and that too dynamically).
That shared library then returns data which can be used for pupulating
the database.

This way people can write shared libraries (with same functions
exported) for bringing back data from various sources like IMDB data
in MySQL/Postgres/SQLite or even directly from IMDB's site.

For the time being I will try to implement a small stand-alone utility
on above lines.

Vijay