[mythtv-users] holding tv shows episode info in database

Bilge Tutak bilge.tutak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 04:57:36 UTC 2006

Brad,
There are several reasons:
1 - Recordings are generally around 2GB per/hour if you leave them as
recordings. And generally 0.5GB when you transcode them (to dvd).Because I
have zillion recordings, I can not afford that much space.
2 - I bought the drive much later then my myth setup. I am using LVM and it
is pretty easy to add this, but I do not want to bother.
3 - Finally, my bigger disk is external (actually in an enclosure) and I
want to be able to move it across several places, even to different country
:).

So I have to go with this for now. Actually, I can maybe modify the video
database in mythtv, and add the required columns. And I can probably modify
the nuvexport to copy the episode info to the new columns. But I do not want
to mess with myth database, because I will probably break it :).

Any way maybe I should leave like this :)..

Thanks

Bilge