[mythtv-users] PVR500 hardware problems (Rich Wilson)

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Thu Oct 12 17:58:54 UTC 2006

I believe it is an IRQ conflict also.  After spending many hours moving
cards around, disabling unused things in the bios I finnaly got it to
boot.  Tonight i'm going to check if it consistently boots.  The PVR 500
did not like the promise controller built into my motherboard (ASUS
A7v133a) and as long as my hard drives were connected through the
promise controller the machine would not boot.  To fix it I had to move
from my promise controller to the primary IDE controller and disable the
promise controller in my BIOS.

Justin