[mythtv-users] flashing/flickering on playback after pause

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Thu Oct 12 16:47:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 21:28 -0700, Nowhere wrote:
> I believe I am seeing the same thing on my system after upgrading from 0.18
> to 0.20 via a fresh install. I see what are lines flickering horizontally on
> the screeen, probably about 1 pixel in height and randomly scattered both
> vertically and horizontally. They only appear while playing back video in
> MythTV, not at the menus nor at the Fedora desktop.
>
> I just ran down to check if it was correlated to pausing and it seems to be
> only loosely so. It flickers much more when paused but if I jump forward
> several times it seems to have the same effect. Also I see it without doing
> anything but much less frequently.

I'm having the same issue. The random flickering horizontal lines appear
both during normal playback using the internal MythTV player and when
the video is paused. The fact that the lines are flickering all about
even when the video is paused is very confusing to me. I've messed
around some with the interlaced setting and available filters. Nothing
I've done so far has produced any noticeable change to the issue. Not
really sure where to start with regards to debugging this. I keep hoping
it'll just go away...

Joe