[mythtv-users] FE watches TV only - no menus

varek varekb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 08:27:28 UTC 2006

Hello folks,

I'm having a strange problem but first, the info.

Box 1 is FE/BE combo with a PVR-500.  Myth 0.19 from "thehunter" running on
Ubuntu Breezy.  It's in the TV room and works great.

Box 2 is FE in my office and used to have Breezy and 0.19 from thehunter as
well.  I've since upgraded it to Ubuntu Dapper and never got around to
re-installing the FE software again until tonight.  Found that the hunter
has taken his debs off line and so had to find another source for
0.19Ubuntu packages; I don't feel like upgrading yet.

I installed 0.19 mythtv-frontend from knm.org and ran it.  It let me set it
up and point it to the BE but every time I run it I get no menus.  It goes
directly into watching live-TV.  The program guid info is there for channel
changes and that part works great.  I can't watch any of my recorded shows
or schedule anything on the BE as I used to be able to do.  If I press
escape while watching TV it just exits.

I've searched the list but haven't found anything so far.  What have I
missed here?  Any suggestions appreciated.  Any additional info I should
include just let me know...

Thank you,
--
Varek