[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend .20 on a Intel Mini (using osxpackager.pl)

Kevin Metz kbmetz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 23:00:13 UTC 2006

I've seen a few postings on the Wiki about how to get myth-frontend configured on a Intel mini running OSX. After several tries it finally compiled and runs. I was SO happy. Everything looks fine, but when I view live TV, or when I go to view a recorded program the video is toast. I can hear the sound, but there's like 5 little rectangles across the top all playing what seems to be the video, and the rest of the screen just looks like weird static or something. So I'm guessing its just something weird about some resolution thing or something. I've really no idea what it could be.

These video's and live TV play just fine on my linux laptop, so thats not the problem. So, I was hoping maybe this was the place to post, or someone could lead me on where to look to try and solve this problem. Is it just a subversion issue because osx-packager.pl pulls from the latest svn?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And no, the current binary packages that people have been compiling won't work because of the silly protocol issue.

Thanks

Kevin