[mythtv-users] PVR500 hardware problems

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Wed Oct 11 22:54:31 UTC 2006

I recently received my PVR 500 in the mail. My plan is to add it to my
mythtv box which already has a PVR350. Anyway I install the card and
turn on the computer and grub gets to

Load Stage 1.5.....

and then it does 1 of 4 things. Sometimes it hangs and does nothing, and
other times it errors out with error number 16,17, or 18. If I remove
the card it boots fine.

Another interesting thing I noticed while trying to figure out what was
wrong with my grub was when I have the pvr 500 card in sometimes my
cdrom/dvd drives won't boot off a bootable media.

Anyone know what might be wrong?  Could the card be bad?  Am I having
and IRQ conflict of sorts?

Thanks,
Justin