[mythtv-users] Information/Recommendations on a new MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 11 17:55:48 UTC 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 10:02 AM, Kevin Hulse wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:16:28AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> I just wanted to point out a feature in .20 that allows incremental
>> deletes of video files to alleviate the slow delete problem on ext2/3
>> file systems. With this enabled, it deletes the file in chunks over
>
> 	How do you turn this on?
>
> 	Alternatively, what other filesystems would be better than ext3?
>
>> time. I haven't tried it since I use jfs on my video drive, but
>> others have had success with it.

There are some pointers on filesystems to use here:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html
It mentions that you will get corrupt files with ReiserFS v3, but
doesn't say why.

I remember seeing the "enable slow deletes" options in one of the
setup pages, but don't recall exactly where. Have a look!