[mythtv-users] MythArchive problems

Ron Burkey RBURKEY at heads-up.com
Wed Oct 11 15:11:59 UTC 2006

A problem with MythArchive has suddenly popped up as follows:  I was in
the midst of exporting recordings to DVD when the computer rebooted.  (I
think I may have jostled the power cable.)  After the computer rebooted,
I tried to restart exporting the recordings to DVD.  However, instead of
giving me any of the normal screens that allow selection of the
recordings, SP vs. LP, etc., it just jumps right back into the screen
that shows the progress of the DVD creation.  (The screen that shows
CANCEL, UPDATE, and EXIT at the bottom.)  What's on this status screen
is, as far as I can tell, exactly what it showed just before the
computer rebooted, but without running the program that the status
screen says is running (ffmpeg, I think).  However, even if I CANCEL or
EXIT (or even reboot the computer) this status screen shows up every
time I try to export to DVD (or to a "native archive").  Help!

Another problem I was having before that is that even though I tell
MythArchive I want to use SP quality on a single-layer DVD, it uses some
really awful quality.  (90 minutes of video comes out as 300-400
megabytes.)  What could be causing this?