[mythtv-users] Background noise troubles [fixed!]

outlier314 at cox.net outlier314 at cox.net
Wed Oct 11 14:27:14 UTC 2006

---- "Tommy L." <tommylongis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been going thru many many posts trying to fix my MythTV problem of high pitch whiny noise when I watch Live TV and recordings.  I installed MythTV 0.20 following the www.wilsonet.com instructions on Fedora Core 5.  But this road block is starting to be really annoying to the ear.  I'm hoping you can suggest a few thing I can try to get rid of this sound problem.  I'm not too familiar with compiling on Linux.
>
> sound card: SB AWE32 Gold

I am no expert myself, but I will certainly try to help.  My mistake was not
setting up the "software encoding" recording profile.  For starters make sure
you have followed the relevant steps in this section of the howto:

If that does not help please respond with some more hardware information
such as what type of tuner card you have and how it  is connected.

Good Luck!

P.S. sorry for the slow response.  I really don't check this email account often
enough.  Also sorry if I sent this twice.  It gave me some crap the first time
I tried to send.