[mythtv-users] Ratpoison on dedicated frontend

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Wed Oct 11 04:40:53 UTC 2006

Thanks again everyone.

I assume if running ratpoison, KDE arts is disabled. ;P I will definitely
check the time base check box though...

I am lean towards either the video/agp settings or something about the
wireless. My master is serving through a 102.11b gaming adapter but seems to
serve my LAN connected system fine. But maybe the madwifi wireless setup on
my remote frontend is the culprit. I don't really know much about setting up
madwifi. Just grabbed a howto and plugged in what they suggested.  I will
move it back into the "server room" tonight and connect it cat5 and see if
the machine is able to handle the video playback. If it's good then I will
have to start seeking help with madwifi ;)

I assume from the responses that everyone believes a Celeron 550 with 256Mb
RAM should be able to handle these 2200 bit rate non-hd videos, yah?

Thanks again!
Eric