[mythtv-users] Questions on players and sound

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Wed Oct 11 01:29:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my box to use 5.1 surround sound unfortunately
i'm having problems.  Xine is using 5.1 just fine so playing dvds has
surround sound.  However live tv and recordings do not use all the
speakers.  I have looked through the menus and cannot find anywhere to
configure the player for live-tv and recorded programs.  What player
does this use by default, how do I change it, and how do I configure it
to use 5.1 sound.

Thanks,
Justin