[mythtv-users] Where is Internal Player wiki page?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 16:52:04 UTC 2006

> > > What file formats does the interval video player support?

<snip>

> depends on whether you use ffmpeg or libmpeg in the playback options.
> By default Myth is set for ffmpeg ("Standard").
>
> ffmpeg Supported File Formats and Codecs
> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html#TOC16

Aah... now there's a useful tidbit! I had switched to libmpeg2
previously because I read somewhere about better performance with
libmpeg2 on AMD processors, but I can't really tell a difference for
my uses ... so I left it on libmpeg2.

Now, though, if using ffmpeg means that the Internal player can play
nearly all of my video files, I'll happily switch back to fffmpeg
"Standard" so that I can maintain a consistent user interface and
control set for recordings, videos, and DVDs. :)

-Ross