[mythtv-users] LiveTV issues

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 9 22:25:00 UTC 2006

Hi again,

as if one problem wasn't enough,

I get the following message when I attempt to start livetv:

"Mythtv is already using all available inputs for the channel you
selected.  If you want to watch an in-progress recording, select one
from the playback menu.  If you want to watch livetv, cancel one of the
in-progress recordings from the delete menu."

I am using firewire as my input source (I have a 500 card, but no cable
is going into it yet -- another question for another day).

Again, this is a Mandriva 2007 system.  I have verified that firewire is
active via:

 plugreport
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x000f21bcab700000
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=0, data_rate=0, overhead_id=0, payload=146
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0010dc0001021848
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

And I am just restarting this system up -- so nothing is scheduled to be
recorded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nasa