[mythtv-users] Internal DVD player quits frontend or drops back to DVD menu.

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:01:39 UTC 2006

On 10/9/06, Michael Jones <m_g_j at michaelandholly.com> wrote:

>  I checked the region.. It is set correctly.  Any other ideas?
>
>  - Michael

On a *very* damaged disc, I had that problem.  Myth's Internal player
would have a problem decoding some damaged data, and give up.

I ended up using mplayer to watch that movie.  With mplayer, I had to
endure a significant amount of "macro blocking" or "pixelization" or
what ever you want to call it.  But, it did not give up on the errors,
it just powered it's way through.

John