[mythtv-users] How to import old mythtv recordings?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Oct 9 13:50:27 UTC 2006

John Pilkington wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 10/08/2006 07:02 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> I have a few mythtv recordings made under FC3 which are between 6 and 20
>>> months old.  The FC3 system still exists, on the same machine as the
>>> current FC5 0.20 installation.  Please can anyone suggest how I should
>>> go about importing them, with their metadata, into the current system?
>>>
>> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5
>>
>> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7
>>
>> Mike
> Thanks:  sorry I'd forgotten reading this!

Now I've tried it - and have problems :-(
The first attempt to perform the final merge produced a response saying
(IIRC) that it needed an explicit setting for 'bookmark'.  Subsequent
attempts yield
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 1: Duplicate entry '2' for key 1

Here's the start of the dump for the FC3 system:
> -- MySQL dump 8.23
> --
> -- Host: localhost    Database: mythconverg
> -- Server version       3.23.58
>
> --
> -- Table structure for table `callsignnetworkmap`
> --
-----------
and for the FC5 system
> -- MySQL dump 10.10
> --
> -- Host: localhost    Database: mythconverg
> -- ------------------------------------------------------
> -- Server version       5.0.22
>
> /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
> /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;

So far I've largely avoided explicit contact with the database, so what
I've seen doesn't mean much.  I'd appreciate some pointers.  I'd prefer
not to embark on a full upgrade of the FC3 system :-)

The reference, by the way, says
> After successful insertion of the data you may delete the restore.sql file.

I haven't done this yet.

John