[mythtv-users] No output from PVR-150

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:27:52 UTC 2006

On 09/10/06, Michel van der Kleij <michel at tukcedo.nl> wrote:
> Listers,
>
> I have a PVR-150 in combination with a nVidia Geforce 6200 on a Fedora Core 5
> box. I've followed the great Howto at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv and the card
> gets detected and records well. "mplayer /dev/video0" works like a dream
> through the nVidia SVideoOut but there are still two remaining items I can't
> seem to be able to solve:
>
> - I don't get any signal from the PVR-150 itself. Neither S-Video nor the
> usual coaxial connector produce any output when connected directly to the TV.
> Is there some output I have to define? /dev/fb0 /dev/video16 etc. all exist
> and are created by the various drivers. Shouldn't I be able to route the TV
> signal straight through the card to the TV using input and output coaxial
> connectors???

I'm not sure where you got the idea that the PVR-150 supports video
output, but as Hansa says, this card has only
coaxial/S-Video/composite inputs for video. Perhaps you have somehow
confused this with the PVR-350, which has an onboard MPEG decoder and
outputs via S-Video or composite.

> - Configuration to run X on the PVR's TV-Out (is that the coaxial connector?)
> fails. The X Server fails to start and complains that no device can be found.
> I've installed ivtvdev, adjusted for PAL and have the correct BusId (lspci
> says 00:09.0), yet in /var/log/messages all it says is what the primary device
> is (the nVidia card), no mention of the BusId that I specified.

This is only relevant for PVR-350 output configuration, which Jarod's
guide details on.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/