[mythtv-users] nuvexport ffmpeg "floating point exception"

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Mon Oct 9 08:22:24 UTC 2006

I'm trying to export to DVD currently, normally I convert to either XVid or DVD. Using --transcode the DVD option is disabled. What am I missing to export to DVD with transcode?

I pulled down the svn nuvexport (I believe 10/07) and even tried svn ffmpeg after I sent the original mail, both with the same effect. This definitely appears to be an ffmpeg problem, not a nuvexport problem, as it happens when I manually run the ffmpeg commands from "nuvexport --debug". I even tried playing with them a bit, to encode the .nuv (they are files from 0.18) directly rather than through mythtranscode, with the same result.

Thanks again

Chris

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 01:08:33 +0100, "Christopher Friend" <christopher_friend at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>When I try running nuvexport, it craps out. I ran --debug, and ran the
>>>commands manually, at which point ffmpeg fails with a "floating point
>>>exception".
>>>Please help, I don't want to have to start using avidemux to sort my
>>>recordings. I have a lot of old recordings to archive, and mytharchive
>>>fails because they're using the old naming convention from 0.18.
>
> i feel you pain. first things first, if you're transcoding to anything
> other
> than DivX, have you tried using Transcode instead of FFMpeg? (run with
> --transcode). That may be one of the simplest solutions. and you have the
> lastest version of nuvexport (7th oct)? other than that, i know nothing...
>
> and i'm tired... but good luck...
>
> Christopher

Go away before I replace you with a very small shell script