[mythtv-users] Random horizontal flashes

Russell Brown rmbzzz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 00:42:59 UTC 2006

> > During playback - of anything - be it live TV, video files, or DVDs,
> > I get smooth and clear playback, except for a number of horizontal
> > white lines.  These white lines pop up randomly, typically do not
> > span the whole screen, and are worst when I have whatever source I am
> > using paused.
> > I am currently running at a resolution of 1366x768 with mythtv 0.2
> > (from ATRPMs) with a GeForce 4 MX (32 Mb of video memory), and am
> > driving the display with a VGA connection.
>
> Although I haven't come up with a solution yet, I do see the same problem.
>
> My problem though is that I made so many changes at the same time (new
> video card, new MythTV version, new nVidia driver version), and I don't
> want to distrupt the system yet, since it's baseball playoff time.  (And
> baseball on Fox in HD looks so good!)

I have a similar problem with mythtv 0.20, Nvidia 6150
onboard video (using 8762 drivers).
I see the white lines only in the myth interface. In the blue
theme, I see them during the new fade transitions
between menu pages.

In the GANT theme, I see lines continuously while
the main menus are being displayed. I do not
see them in the recording screens or the setup screens.

I have a similar setup with an nvidia 5200 card that does not
have this interference.

The problems go away if I turn off the opengl transitions.

Any ideas?